A unique collaborative event
Application available by email request
Saturday, June 3, 2017
3-5:30pm • Rehearsal in Hayes Hall
5:30-7pm • Break with dinner provided in the Figge Conservatory
7pm • Open rehearsal in Hayes Hall, free and open to the public
7:30pm • Play-through in Hayes Hall, free and open to the public
A Naples Showcase
The “pros” of the Naples Philharmonic will team up with musicians from our community — the “amateurs” — in a special collaborative event that is open to the public on Saturday, June 3, 2017. Amateur musicians interested in playing with the Naples Philharmonic must meet the requirements below.
- Participants must be age 18 or older, must read music and play an instrument that is part of the standard orchestra instrumentation.
- All applications will be reviewed by staff committee after the application deadline, April 1, 2017. Applications will be accepted after the April 1 deadline based on availability. Applicants for participation in the Pro-Am event will be notified of acceptance no later than April 7, 2017.
- Once accepted, participants must submit a $45 non-refundable participation fee. The fee includes a t-shirt and dinner before the event. If an applicant cancels or does not attend the event, the participation fee cannot be refunded.
- Applicants are required to provide their own instrument for use during the rehearsal and during the event.
Rimsky-Korsakov — Russian Easter Overture, Op. 36
Tchaikovsky — 1812 Overture, Op. 49
- Individual parts for each instrument will be sent via email once an applicant is accepted
- Rehearsals and performance will be conducted by Yaniv Segal on the Hayes Hall stage
- The 7pm open-rehearsal and 7:30pm play-through is free and open to the public
- To make this a comfortable event, the Naples Philharmonic musicians will wear casual slacks with Artis—Naples polo shirts. Amateur musicians should also dress comfortably, but are encouraged to wear the Pro-Am t-shirt for the event.
To request an application, please email Joy Ann Lawfer at firstname.lastname@example.org.