Sunday, May 31, 2020
Save the date
A Naples Showcase
The “pros” of the Naples Philharmonic will team up with musicians from our community — the “amateurs” — in a special collaborative event that is open to the public on Sunday, May 31, 2020. Amateur musicians interested in playing with the Naples Philharmonic must meet the requirements below.
- Participants must be age 18 or older, must read music and play an instrument that is listed:
violin 1 flute horn violin 2 oboe trombone viola clarinet tuba cello bassoon timpani bass tenor saxophone percussion harp trumpet keyboard
- All applications will be reviewed by staff committee after the application deadline. Applications will be accepted after the deadline based on availability. Applicants for participation in the Pro-Am event will be notified of acceptance no later than April 1, 2020.
- Once accepted, participants must submit a $50 non-refundable participation fee. The fee includes a t-shirt and dinner before the event. If an applicant cancels or does not attend the event, the participation fee cannot be refunded.
- Applicants are required to provide their own instrument for use during the rehearsal and during the event. Individual parts for each instrument will be sent via email once an applicant is accepted.
Programming to be announced
- Rehearsals and performance will be conducted by Associate Conductor Radu Paponiu on the Hayes Hall stage
- 3-5:30pm — Musician rehearsal in Hayes Hall
5:30-7pm — Break with musician dinner provided in the Figge Conservatory
- The 7pm open-rehearsal and 7:30pm play-through is free and open to the public